Moreton Island Ferries Pty.Ltd. ABN 86078206078
Hawkins Road Transport Pty.Ltd. ABN 65009769537
Hawkins Fuels Pty.Ltd. ABN 82055153926
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
There are further special provisions which apply to the collection of some personal information which is known as sensitive information. This includes information on health, race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
We are required to collect personal information under any laws pertaining to maritime safety and workplace health and safety.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. However, it may include (among other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your intended travel dates and whether you are an adult or child;
- personal information you give us when you make a booking. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, credit card details
Communications between you and us; and
- Transactional information about your use of our services for example a feedback questionnaire.
How will your personal information be used?
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities which include, among other things:
- Processing your booking;
- Being aware of any special travel requirements you may have;
- Providing you with confirmation of your booking and advising you of any changes to your itinerary;
- Confirming your identity prior to boarding;
- Considering your employment application;
- Addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- Answering any queries you may have; and
- Any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
Exchange of personal information with Third Parties.
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- To any entity to which we are required or authorized by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, federal or sate law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other federal or State government bodies);
- To others that you have been informed or at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- To our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which personal information is collected;
- To our professional advisors and others contractors (for example IT consultants ); or
- With your consent (express or implied), to others.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, us and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Use and disclosure of personal information by us
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the secondary purpose) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the primary purpose), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information) and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way ;or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose;or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law ;or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Collection of non personal information
If you visit our website, some of the information we and our contractors collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity.
Site visit information
When you visit our website, we or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of internet browser you used.
We or our contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us improving our website.
A cookie is a small sting of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we or our contractors use may identify individual users.
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer and contain and expiration date, and are mainly for the users convenience. Session cookies are short lived and are held on your browsers memory only for the duration of your session, they are only used during a browsing session. They will expire when you quit your browser.
We or our contractors may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to our or our contractors websites.
Most internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of the website.
Access and correction of your personal information.
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we and or our contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you.
We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this.
It is important to use that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not the case nad would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact us at :
Moreton Island Ferries Pty.Ltd.
Po Box 249, Wynnum Qld 4178
If we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us at the above address.
We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at: www.privacy.gov.au
Please read this refund policy and our terms and conditions carefully prior to using this site. By using this site, you are agreeing to be bound by all conditions set out. If you choose not to be bound by the conditions, you are not granted the right to use the site.
- No refunds or exchanges on any ticket.
- The right is reserved to add,withdraw reschedule or substitute any trip and or vary advertised prices,ferries and capacity.
- The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets.
- Management reserves the right to allow exchange or reuse off tickets at their discretion.
These terms of sale may vary at any time. Any variations become effective on posting through this site.